Category: Fluid Dynamics
By Baoxiang Wang
This monograph presents a entire evaluate on a category of nonlinear evolution equations, akin to nonlinear Schrodinger equations, nonlinear Klein-Gordon equations, KdV equations in addition to Navier-Stokes equations and Boltzmann equations. the worldwide wellposedness to the Cauchy challenge for these equations is systematically studied by utilizing the harmonic research tools.
This booklet is self-contained and should even be used as a complicated textbook by means of graduate scholars in research and PDE matters or even formidable undergraduate scholars.
Readership: Graduate scholars and researchers drawn to research and PDE.
By Iain G. Currie
Illustrates simple equations and techniques used to research fluid dynamics, mechanisms, and behaviour, and gives options to fluid circulation dilemmas encountered in universal engineering purposes.
By Z.U.A. Warsi
Vital Nomenclature Kinematics of Fluid movement advent to Continuum movement Fluid debris Inertial Coordinate Frames movement of a Continuum The Time Derivatives speed and Acceleration regular and Nonsteady circulation Trajectories of Fluid debris and Streamlines fabric quantity and floor Relation among Elemental Volumes Kinematic formulation of Euler and Reynolds regulate quantity and floor Kinematics of Deformation Kinematics of Vorticity and movement References difficulties The Conservation legislation and the Kinetics of stream Fluid Density and the Conservation of Mass Prin. Read more...
By S. Friedlander, D. Serre
This can be the fourth quantity in a sequence of survey articles masking many points of mathematical fluid dynamics, an essential resource of open mathematical difficulties and interesting physics.
By R.K. Willardson and Albert C. Beer (Eds.)
By R. Glowinski, Jinchao Xu, Philippe G. Ciarlet
Non-Newtonian flows and their numerical simulations have generated an ample literature, in addition to many courses and references to that are present in this volume's articles. This abundance of courses might be defined via the truth that non-Newtonian fluids ensue in lots of genuine existence occasions: the nutrition undefined, oil & gasoline undefined, chemical, civil and mechanical engineering, the bio-Sciences, to call quite a few. Mathematical and numerical research of non-Newtonian fluid move types offer demanding difficulties to partial differential equations experts and utilized computational mathematicians alike. This quantity deals investigations. effects and conclusions that might without doubt be worthy to engineers and computational and utilized mathematicians who're considering quite a few features of non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics. New evaluate of recognized computational tools for the simulation viscoelastic and viscoplastic types.; Discusses new numerical tools that experience confirmed to be extra effective and extra exact than conventional methods.; Articles that debate the numerical simulation of particulate circulation for viscoelastic fluids.;
By Jean-Pierre Hansen
Comprehensive assurance of issues within the conception of classical liquids
Widely considered as the normal textual content in its box, Theory of easy Liquids offers a complicated yet self-contained account of liquid country idea in the unifying framework supplied by way of classical statistical mechanics. The constitution of this revised and up to date Fourth variation is the same to that of the former one yet there are major shifts in emphasis and masses new fabric has been added.
Major alterations and Key positive aspects in content material include:
- Expansion of latest sections on simulation tools, liquid-vapour coexistence, the hierarchical reference concept of criticality, and the dynamics of super-cooled liquids.
- New sections on binary fluid combinations, floor rigidity, wetting, the asymptotic decay of pair correlations, fluids in porous media, the thermodynamics of glasses, and fluid movement at sturdy surfaces.
- An completely new bankruptcy on purposes to 'soft topic' of a mixture of liquid nation conception and coarse graining options, with sections on polymer suggestions and polymer melts, colloidal dispersions, colloid-polymer combinations, lyotropic liquid crystals, colloidal dynamics, and on clustering and gelation.
- Expansion of current sections on simulation tools, liquid-vapour coexistence, the hierarchian reference of criticality, and the dynamics of super-cooled liquids.
- New sections on binary fluid combinations, floor stress, wetting, the asymptotic decay of pair correlations, fluids in porous media, the thermodynamics of glasses, and fluid circulation at sturdy surfaces.
- An completely new bankruptcy on purposes to 'soft topic' of a mixture of liquid nation thought and coarse graining options, with sections on polymer strategies and polymer melts, colloidal dispersions, colloid-polymer combos, lyotropic liquid crystals, colloidal dynamics, and on clustering and gelation.